Welcome

Welcome to my wargaming blog,
I'm Dave and live in Morpeth, Northumberland in the UK.
This may or may not be a regular thing, we'll just have to see how it goes.

I am a painter/collector of figures first and a wargamer second. My thrill in this great hobby of ours is to place that final well researched & painted unit into the cabinet. The actual gaming with the figures is an important but secondary experience, we all like to win, but it isn't the be all and end all of it, being with good friends and having fun is.
Hope you will enjoy reading this blog as much as I will writing in it.
Just to remind the visitor to scroll down the various pages and click on 'older posts' to see more.
Dave.

Wednesday 5 October 2016

More Revolutionary Vendee figures.

After searching for ages for some suitable mounted figures for the Vendee royalist cavalry I finally found some. I had been looking for mounted armed civilians with a feel of wealthier landowner about them, you know, not rich but fellows who could afford a decient horse and the weapons to go with it. So I sent away for these Trent Miniature figures for the Irish rebellion of 98 (I think), cut down the daft lepricorn hat and added a wider brim - hey presto and ther you are:




The quality of the pictures ain't great I'm afraid but I had a game of 15mm To the Strongest going on so I didn't have much room!
Here are some photos of the whole ensamble as it were:









I've really only got about three more flags to paint for the musket armed troops and maybe a limber for the humongous siege gun and we're away.
Finish off the 10mm Caesarian Romans next. It never ends, good job I love it!
Dave.

4 comments: